Changing payment terms in posted invoices

AtreiuAtreiu Member Posts: 51
Hi everybody...

I have a posted sales invoice. The payment is (for example) "30 days". I want to split this payment in "40% 30 days" and "60% 60 days".
Going on form "25 - Customer Ledger Entries" let me change (for example) the due date of the entry. But I would like to have 2 entries...

Any suggestion?

thank you

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    That is not possible in standard NAV, only a couple of fields on posted entries are editable for specific reasons. Even prior to posting you could not achieve what you wanted without modification.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Can you inform with country localization are you using?
    Depending localization you might get different answers.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • AtreiuAtreiu Member Posts: 51
    I use the Italian language version. Why a different localization should work in different way? I thought that the possibility of editing a posted invoice depended on the program itself, not on its localization...
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    nunomaia wrote:

I guess you mean the Catera system. Its a pity that they made that localization so badly. It was such a disastrous piece of code up till 2.60, (up there with Indian Tax handling) that it was impossible to use in any country that had any concept of auditing. Now with the newer version, it would be nice to take some of the core functionality, most specifically the ability to split payment terms over multiple amounts/dates into W1, because it would be of use in many countries.
    David Singleton
    Atreiu wrote:
    I use the Italian language version. Why a different localization should work in different way? I thought that the possibility of editing a posted invoice depended on the program itself, not on its localization...

I think Italian localization has a similar to define payment terms but I don’t know Italian localization. This feature it’s related to country feature.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    nunomaia wrote:

I guess you mean the Catera system. Its a pity that they made that localization so badly. It was such a disastrous piece of code up till 2.60, (up there with Indian Tax handling) that it was impossible to use in any country that had any concept of auditing. Now with the newer version, it would be nice to take some of the core functionality, most specifically the ability to split payment terms over multiple amounts/dates into W1, because it would be of use in many countries.

This feature would be quite welcome in W1 version.

Just a remark :
    I totally agree with you that cartera it’s a bad add-on. Cartera it’s almost unchanged since 2.60 version, so it’s buggy and badly designed.
    In Spain you can send an invoice in cartera to define new payment terms in Portugal it’s a new legal document so it’s not fully legal.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX