18452,"28000",[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL serve

GopinathGuthiGopinathGuthi Member Posts: 15
dear experts,

I am facing one error when connecting to server.

I have installed SQL Server 2005 ,nav 5.0 DB Server in one machine which is connected by LAN.
I have give Mixed mode authentication.
From that machine i was able to open navision by using window/sql authentications.

But when i was trying to connect from client machine it is throwing following error

18452,"28000",[Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for user 'sa'.
The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection.

I tried the following things

1) i created SQL Server ODBC Driver from client machine. - through ODBC i am able to connect.

2) i copied the xp_enumuserids, xp_enumusergroups into SQL Server also and given execute permission for public role.

Please give me solution.

Thanks in advance,
Gopinath.

Comments

• strykstryk Member Posts: 645
    Hi!

"sa" is not a trusted login (= Windows Login), it's a database login! I guess there's an error in your ODBC connection string ...
    Regards,
    Jörg
    Jörg A. Stryk (MVP - Dynamics NAV)
    NAV/SQL Performance Optimization & Troubleshooting
    STRYK System Improvement
    The Blog - The Book - The Tool
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    I'm getting this error when trying to connect with the RTC, but it says Login failed for user ''.

I'm a bit confused about where the login information comes from... I've never seen any type of sign in screen for the RTC. Before we were getting an error saying the user "[Our domain]\[ServerName]$" did not exist, so we added it, now this.
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Alex,

the RTC can only be used with Windows logins. The RTC will use your credentials to authenticate on the database.
    If your windows authentication does not exist as a valid user in NAV, you will get this error.

If you are using database logins, then you cannot use the RTC.

Hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    That does help Dutchie, it gives a place to continue troubleshooting from. Does there have to be a Windows user setup in NAV for both the client login and the Server login? The Best Practices Analyzer is not giving me very useful information- the same error and message across three different error messages.

Also, if Windows Users are used, why does it Login Failed For User ''. ? Shouldn't it be my machine name at least?