Manufacturing Overheads

ilakilak Member Posts: 21
Hi,

i have just posted consumption and output for one production order and when i press F9 on the Finished Production Order it shows the actual material cost updated. But still the Actual Capacity Cost is 0. which functionality i have missed?

Thanks in advance for your response

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Just check u haven't missed any of the following

1. Did u actually post the output before changing the status to finished because if u just post consumption u will get material costs but for capacity costs u need to post output.
    2. Did u mention costs on Work centers / Machine centers ?
    3. Or u have specific costs for every work center and skipped the same on routing lines ?
    4. How ur work centers are configured means posting if u have selected time based make sure u have posted some time on output journal. I have seen this many times as one of the potential reason for this. This specifies ur rates are time based but u don't consider to put in time while posting the output.

These are the only places it will pick capacity costs. And yes ur topic title is wrong u have no where mentioned about overheads. Capacity costs, until and unless indirect cost and "Overhead Rate" % are fed in, is taken in as Direct costs not exactly overheads. :)
    Kapil Khanna