Programming howtos

michalkmichalk Member Posts: 43
Hello!

Is there any document regarding to CAL programming where i can find some step by step examples for newbies (ie how to get "sql-like view" from 2-3 tables etc)?

Rgds
M

Comments

• ravnenravnen Member Posts: 12
    michalk wrote:
    Hello!

Is there any document regarding to CAL programming where i can find some step by step examples for newbies (ie how to get "sql-like view" from 2-3 tables etc)?

Rgds
    M

I have only seen some books.
    I think Microsoft has some links to these books on partnersource, but again it's partnersource so i cant find anything :)

The help in Navision is wonderful, but mostly for syntax.

Some partners also sells courses in programming, so that my be a possibility.

/René
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    search the web for Applications Designer Guide, Programming I /II or / and Solution DEveloper. All docs are in pdf format.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    michalk wrote:
    Hello!

Rgds
    M

Lesson 1:

This is Navision, its not VB or C++ it is in fact NOT a programming language, it is a business application. Learn that and you will find that everything else comes simply.

Right now you are heading down a road of self destruction for both you and the clients that you will work for.
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Look at the application designers guide that's on the product CD.
  • michalkmichalk Member Posts: 43
    Thank You for Your replies - just trying to get report based on tables 122, 123, 124, 125 - purchases. I cant figure out how it should be done - what I need is DATE....DOC.NO....ITEM.NO....QUANTITY....VALUE. :) So simple to do in any reporting system but totally totally difficult in nav. Have to take 2 wek training I think

M