Request form field as Primary key

mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
Hi ALL,

Can I use Request form field as primary key in Report?

Which is not a primary key of table..

Thanks In advance

Comments

• Sophia_SinghSophia_Singh Member Posts: 42
    Hi!!!!!
    Could u pls make ur query clear...............Wat exactly u r looking for
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    I am using a field of table in report request form which is not a key

and i want to use it as a primary key in report.

is it possible?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998

is it possible?

I think you are using the wrong "terminology": what do you mean with "primary key of the report?"
    do you mean the sorting order?If so, is the field present in a key?(i don't think so)
    Please explain better...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    I think you are using the wrong "terminology": what do you mean with "primary key of the report?"
    do you mean the sorting order?If so, is the field present in a key?(i don't think so)
    Please explain better...

I want to create a key at run time.

Recently I have attended an interview.

the interviwer said we can create a key at run time(and the field is not a key in table).

is it possible?
    Ok, then the answer is no, you can't create a key at runtime...
    But maybe you can solve your problem in another way, if you explain your precise need :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You need to find yourself a book about database design, and learn about some basics. If you don't know what 'primary key' means, then you are in trouble.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    i know what is primary key sir
    No I don't think you do. What you said earlier (and judging from other replies that you have made in this forum) indicates that you don't know:
    You are making many contributions to this forum, and your efforts are enjoyed by everyone on here, but you should also recognize it when there is something to learn. It doesn't matter to me if you do or don't know, or if you think you know or not. My suggestion for you to get a book and learn something stands. What you do with that suggestion is up to you.
    edited 2011-01-06
    DenSter wrote:
    No I don't think you do. What you said earlier (and judging from other replies that you have made in this forum) indicates that you don't know:
    You are making many contributions to this forum, and your efforts are enjoyed by everyone on here, but you should also recognize it when there is something to learn. It doesn't matter to me if you do or don't know, or if you think you know or not. My suggestion for you to get a book and learn something stands. What you do with that suggestion is up to you.

am am sorry for that.

and thanq for ur valuable suggestions.
    and i vl definitly follow ur suggestions.

thanq once again. =D>
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    DenSter wrote:
    You need to find yourself a book about database design, and learn about some basics. If you don't know what 'primary key' means, then you are in trouble.

No Daniel, you are quite wrong.

Mohana is NOT in trouble. The person in trouble is the poor end user that in all confidence trusts their system to a company that clearly is not working to train its people and instead is relying on certifications. :whistle:
    David Singleton
    Mohana is NOT in trouble. The person in trouble is the poor end user that in all confidence trusts their system to a company that clearly is not working to train its people and instead is relying on certifications.
    tough one...but i think you're right...i don't know if mohana is certified, if so these questions are quite degradating "real" certifications.
    I hoped that the question was only "bad asked" (a primary key of a report?!?!)...well, time to get back to work for me :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    Mohana is NOT in trouble. The person in trouble is the poor end user that in all confidence trusts their system to a company that clearly is not working to train its people and instead is relying on certifications.
    tough one...but i think you're right...i don't know if mohana is certified, if so these questions are quite degradating "real" certifications.
    I hoped that the question was only "bad asked" (a primary key of a report?!?!)...well, time to get back to work for me :mrgreen:

My comments were not aimed at Mohana, they were aimed at the company running the interview. 8)
    David Singleton
    Belias wrote:

My comments were not aimed at Mohana, they were aimed at the company running the interview. 8)

Ok, i get outta here before some unwanted misunderstanding...just to be clear: i don't want to blame anyone (especially, anyone i don't know)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    i know what is primary key sir,

just I have explained what interviwer asked me.

Even I said NO for above question

but interviwer said it is possible with 2-3 lines code.

to confirm that I have asked .

thanks

You answered correctly, and the interviewer is wrong.
    David Singleton