Sessions Limit

abhinav_khanna2008abhinav_khanna2008 Member Posts: 14
Is the session limit applicable on a per server basis or is it applicable on per server per database basis.

eg. I have a server having 2 navision databases & have uploaded the licence file with 10 sessions. what will be the limit of no. of sessions per database.

Comments

• SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

Licence sessions are per database but if you have two db's you should be licenced for multiple db's or multiple licences.

i.e. your flf file is loaded by each db not the server.
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There is an option on file->database->alter-> integration tab. there is a option to check save license in database. once that is checked, the license will be per database, otherwise it's per server.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

Yes but while the Nav server only the licence on each DB e.g. you could have one licence for 20 users installed on 2 server DB instances (i.e. 40 users) you are not licenced for 40 users.

Also you need to note that as standard your licence (in spirit) issues for a single DB with acceptable practice for a second db for testing. But if you have two operational DB's you will need to licence granule 2020 for each additional DB to be used. It's a small charge circa €170 in EMEA.
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie