Report with data from many companies?

chrisxx83chrisxx83 Member Posts: 54
Hi
is it possible to make report with data from many companies?
My client has 3 companies in database (native) and want to see on report all Items with Inventroy from all companies.
I though about R706 - Status and I tried to use CHANGECOMPANY, but i don't know how to loop this report to print it 3 times and change company every time it is generated.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    chrisxx83 wrote:
    Hi
    is it possible to make report with data from many companies?
    My client has 3 companies in database (native) and want to see on report all Items with Inventroy from all companies.
    I though about R706 - Status and I tried to use CHANGECOMPANY, but i don't know how to loop this report to print it 3 times and change company every time it is generated.
    Thanks in advance

There are a few ways to approach this problem, depending on what the report needs to look like. If it can be:

Company A
    all items
    Company B
    all items
    Company C
    all items

Then you can add 2 more sets of dataitems to the report and copy the report sections.
    E.g. for R706, the current dataitems are
    Item
    Item Ledger Entry

You create 2 more sets of data items
    Item
    Item Ledger Entry
    Item 3
    Item Ledger Entry 2
    Item 3
    Item Ledger Entry 3

Then, on the OnPreDataItem triggers in the second set of dataitems, but your CHANGECOMPANY(B) and in the same place in the third set put CHANGECOMPANY(C)

This simply creates one report that looks like you printed the same report 3 times, one for each company.

Is that what you want to do? Or do you want to do something more sophisticated, like combine the information for all 3 companies under each item?
    Ron