Options

PC crash in massive invoice printing

AtreiuAtreiu Member Posts: 51
edited 2010-02-02 in NAV Three Tier
It seems to be the first time this happens, because I've found nothing on the net.

The need is to print a lot of invoices at the same time: so I select 300 invoices in the "posted sales invoices" page (page 143) and click "print" > "preview".
It should use the "Sales - Invoice" report (report 206)... And this is the list of errors I get (translating messages from Italian, so the text will not be probably correct)...

A) <<Server "net.[url=tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]" is not available. Reconnect?>>
(then it sometimes reconnects, but we're at the beginning again...)

B) (it cannot often reconnect): <<Server connection is lost. The application will be closed.>>
(it doesn't reconnect) <<It's impossible to connect to the server. Retry?>>
(In this case the Navision service is blocked so I try to restart it, but I get another error): <<Attempt to restart the service "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server>> .... <<Impossible to stop the service "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server" on the local computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request within the expected time"
(after this I need to restart the pc to get the control again... And if it's the customer's pc... it's not a nice thing at all...)

I got these errors even trying to print only 30 invoices... and even with the original report... and it does not depend on the type of printer...

thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to run the report one by one (one invoice per run). May be the paging in SP1 will help in that (server will send data to client in chunks). Now it is generating whole report on the server and sending it as a whole and this can kill the server...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you. But the problem is that my customer wants to cast them all at once...
    And it's very strange because the server is powerful (I don't remember how much RAM it has, but it seems to be enough)... so why it crashes even with 30 invoices? Do you know if the problem is on the server or the workload is on the client itself?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Atreiu wrote:
    Ok, thank you. But the problem is that my customer wants to cast them all at once...
    And it's very strange because the server is powerful (I don't remember how much RAM it has, but it seems to be enough)... so why it crashes even with 30 invoices? Do you know if the problem is on the server or the workload is on the client itself?

Try reading Kine's reply for answers to your questions. ](*,)
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Uhm... I think that I've not understood kine's replay (maybe it's my bad English)...
    I'm sorry for this... so I'll ask some mora explanations...

You suggest that I run the report one by one (one invoice per run): how can I do this "in one click"?

Can you also explain me what is the "paging in SP1" (and which SP1 you refer to)?

thanks
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The reason suggested to try running the report one by one, is to try to identify what the real error is. Most of the times people get fixated on what they believe is an error, and waste hours and hours of their clients time and money chasing unicorns.

The first step in fixing ANY problem is to define the problem. So eliminate as many variable as possible first.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Hello,

I'm also facing the same Problem with "NAV2009 SP1 RTC" version.
    Here it's not due to massive data processing but i'm just not able to start application.

When i start, it connects to database, Gives me a message of introduction of
    This is the demonstration company CRONUS.

The moment i press OK, i get below error message.
    I'm just not able start application..
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The server "net.[url=tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service]tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV/Service[/url]" is either unavailable or your connection has been lost. Do you want to attempt to reconnect?
    Yes No

When i say 'Yes' to above message, i get another below message...

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The connection to the server has been lost. The application will close.
    OK

It seems that very few RTC users has faced this problem... ](*,)
    Let me know, if you have fix.
    Mahesh Jain
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you tested your network? May be some HW problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    maheshmahesh Member Posts: 115
    Yes, i tested with all permutations..
    checked NAV User rights, Services, Active directry, Config file, NAV rights, HW etc...
    All PCs are working except one. :-k
    Best Regards,
    Mahesh Jain
    mahesh@reliconservices.com