Purchase Requisition Worksheets - Fulfilling back orders

michaelmmichaelm Member Posts: 20
Hi

One thing that really bugs me with NAV 4.0 is I can't seem to find a simple way of getting only the customer back orders into a requisition worksheet. Instead I have to run a report (209) and then manually go through and make the entries into the form.

Does anyone know of a better way, that I just can't find ?

Rgds
Michael

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Means u r asking if u had 10 qty on sales order u planned for 5 and purchased them , shipped them and now want to plan for rest of 5.

Or u have sales order for qty 10 and u don't have that in inventory at all.

For both of these u just need to have Reordering policy as "order" and replenishment system as "Purch. Order" order on ur item card. U can explore other methods as well but if ur procurement is based only on sales order then this is the easiest to use. And u can have in order tracking enabled as Tracking & Action Msg. on item card to let system plan and cover for any changes in ur Sales Order.
    Kapil Khanna
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Set the ending date of the requirements run to today, everything it comes up with is an unplanned backorder - though why you have these is a little troubling in itself :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • michaelmmichaelm Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the replies, maybe I did not explain myself very well.

We keep limited stock, and can replenish from a central stores within 72 hours. Therefore we get orders for not stock items and stocked items that are out of stock. What we have to do is send these in a purchase order to central stores, and then we individually ship them on. Sometimes we also hold stock back awaiting the balance. Because we can have 20 different sales orders to fulfill it makes sense to consolidate these.

As an aside we send seperate bulk stock replenishment orders which come every 14 days.

So the reason we want only the sales line requirements is to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Any help appreciated.
    Rgds
    Michael
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Keep in mind that there is no such thing as a "back order" in Navision, so if you have some mechanism to track and manage back orders then it is probably a customization, so maybe you need to check with your partner to see if they integrated that with Planning.
    David Singleton
  • SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi Michael,

Most of us have hit the same issue in distribution companies. We have had to develop for the need. One of our key issues/problems has been that back orders in many cases will be fulfilled by a special order replenishment (outside of normal ordering process)

So what we have done is on short shipping - prompt the user "Create Back order", if original order is SOR0001 - we create a new sales order SOR0001-B01 and transfer the short ship qtys to this order and down date the original order but add a reference to the back order.

This allows us handle the back orders as special/drop ship orders and treat as expedited items on GRN process e.t.c.

We found it to be the best way to control the short ship process.
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie
  • michaelmmichaelm Member Posts: 20
    Hi all thanks for the replies.

So looks as though I will have to come up with a cunning plan.

I will take the data from report 209 and fill the requisition table with only my sales order lines. And yes there may be duplicates but i will try and solve this as well.

North Face of the Eiger - no problem !