Analysis Reports - Purchase

learnerlearner Member Posts: 33
I have to analyze a particular vendor from the list wrt to dimension values. While doing so, I used "Analysis Report" under Purchase>Analysis and Reporting.

I am stuck at Column Templates and Line Templates. No Items has been setup.

In the system, employees have been setup as vendor ( to whom we pay). We need to employee or group of employees with respect to different dimension.

Please help!

Thanks

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So you want help doing what? Setting up the column and line templates? How far have you got?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • learnerlearner Member Posts: 33
    I need help in analysis vendor.

I can filter required vendor and filter dimension too..BUT i have no idea what to do with column and line templtae at the first point.

e.g.
    -One of the vendors (i.e. Employees) is John Doe which is filtered
    -One of the dimensions is Project. Dimension Values P1, P2, P3

I want to see how much salary has been issued to John Doe, individually to P1, P2 and P3.

(I just making the scenario simple..pls. avoid it if not imp)

Thanks
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Well for a start it sounds like you want to look at something a bit more financially flexible in terms of formulas etc for your accountants.

Assuming you have set up each Employee to post to a seperate emplyee salaries account
    you are probably better off using account scedules to setup formulas to show differences etc.

Read the manual for your relevant version for account schedules and ask you financial department what facets they wish to see
  • learnerlearner Member Posts: 33
    firstly, i dont have any manual or access to manual for Analysis and Repoting.

since i need vendor specific report I think I need to filter out particular vendor in Purchase> Analysis & Reporting> Analysis Report.

I am stuck at Column and Line template here!