how can we delete these empty rows.excel?

vijaydidmca2003vijaydidmca2003 Member Posts: 27
Hi to all members.

i have a little problem.

when we export any report from navision to excel
using
REPORT.SAVEASHTML(number,filename);

then we find that there remains some empty rows after
constant intervals (right after every page).

how can we delete these empty rows.

Comments

• JamieHurstJamieHurst Member Posts: 25
    Vijay - I've never been satisfied with SAVEASHTML. The best solution is to output straight to Excel using table 370, Excel Buffer. Search the forum if you're interested, there's plenty here on that topic.

However, I'm pretty sure SAVEASHTML generates page breaks using your default printer settings. So to get it to work, I'd suggest:
    1) playing with the Windows printer settings,
    2) playing with the Report Properties for PaperSource, PaperSize, etc.
    3) ](*,)

Good luck!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    JamieHurst wrote:
    Vijay - I've never been satisfied with SAVEASHTML.

Hmm very odd. I have been exporting reports to HTML without any issues what so ever since the feature was first added to Navision Financials.

I can not think of any exception where it did not work. I save as HTML and then open in a Web Browser liek Internet Explorere, and the report looks virtually the same as it did in Navision.

What issues are you having?
    David Singleton
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    JamieHurst wrote:
    Vijay - I've never been satisfied with SAVEASHTML.

Hmm very odd. I have been exporting reports to HTML without any issues what so ever since the feature was first added to Navision Financials.

I can not think of any exception where it did not work. I save as HTML and then open in a Web Browser liek Internet Explorere, and the report looks virtually the same as it did in Navision.

What issues are you having?
    When using with Web Browser, its fine to the extent no borders/lines exist in the report. Further when you open the file in excel there are lot of empty columns.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ssingla wrote:
    When using with Web Browser, its fine to the extent no borders/lines exist in the report. Further when you open the file in excel there are lot of empty columns.

But the function is "EXPORT TO HTML" not "EXPORT TO EXCEL"

So the issue is not that Navision has an issue with the export to html function, the issue is that Excel has a problem rendering HTML. :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • JamieHurstJamieHurst Member Posts: 25
    I have been exporting reports to HTML without any issues what so ever since the feature was first added to Navision Financials.

I wasn't too clear, SAVEASHTML is fine for it's intended purpose -- html. Well, endeavoring to be clear, let me add the caveat that the report needs to be formatted properly.

But for Vijay's use -- exporting to excel -- SAVEASHTML isn't too hot. There's his page break issue, plus excel sometimes has trouble identifying columns consistently. Maybe those issues can be solved, but why bother? Adding an Excel Option is easy and a much better solution.

Maybe he's trying SAVEASHTML for some other reason...