Excel Buffer - Permission issue

michaelmmichaelm Member Posts: 20
Hi

I have now created a report to export to excel and it creates a fully functioning excel sheet for the end user with all the formulas. GREAT.

However when my colleague tries to run the report they get a message "you do not have permission to read the excel buffer table" Ok so you might think, but I have specifically loaded a new role with the table with full control and sync'd it more than 3 times to the user.

Does anyone have any ideas, as I think this one has got me ?
Regards
Michael #-o

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Micheal,

Can go to the properties of your report and assign permissions to the excel buffer table there. That might do the trick. But you might have to have a developer license to do that.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • michaelmmichaelm Member Posts: 20
    Hi Willy

I tried your suggestion, and added the table (370) to the report properties.

Computer says no !!

The user still has the same message "You do not have permission to read the excel buffer table".

I really am stumped ! :-k

Rgds
    Michael
    Ok so I said I sync'd 3 times ,but what I did do was create a role called excel buffer. For what ever reason the computer said no.

However when adding the table to an exisiting role and sync. A Voila !

Everthing works.

Just when you think you know it all, life proves you know nothing
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Michael, why are you using Enhanced Security?
    David Singleton

David
    I didn't really think I was doing anything out of the norm. We all have windows user log-in so we are restricting access via the roles. Is there another way ? (Famous question)

Rgds
    Michael
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    michaelm wrote:

David
    I didn't really think I was doing anything out of the norm. We all have windows user log-in so we are restricting access via the roles. Is there another way ? (Famous question)

Rgds
    Michael

Well only Standard and Enhanced, but I can not see any reason for Enhanced, and to date not one person has ever b
    een able to give me a genuine reason for using Enhanced other than "That Was The Default".

I am not suggesting you shouldn't, I just really want to know why. I don't have any clients using it, and can't see any reason to put them on it.
    David Singleton
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    michaelm wrote:
    Ok so I said I sync'd 3 times ,but what I did do was create a role called excel buffer. For what ever reason the computer said no.

However when adding the table to an exisiting role and sync. A Voila !

Everthing works.

Just when you think you know it all, life proves you know nothing

one year ago, this kind of problem arised in one of my customer. users could not read G/L account table because sumindex fields can not be calculated. problem was that application role could not assigned to SIFT tables of G/L Entry table. this error happened suddenly after a security sync.. i did everything,but nothing was useful.. the only solution was changing security model from enhanced to standard. (i didn't like already enhanced security due to long time sync.).