Unlimited sessions nav40Sp3 SQL

juanchojuancho Member Posts: 2
A client has the version 40 SP3 SQL. In a SQL Server 2005. He has a license for 16 users, but now are connecting more than 40.

(In File>DB>Info) If you connect with the SA user (or other user SQL administrator) The query returns all connected sessions.

If you connect with another user (NOT administrator SQL) The query returns only the same user session.

This is because the user (not administrator) does not have permission to see the other sessions. For this reason, the license control never works because when you connect, Navision has only one user connected.

I need to resolve this situation soon.

Thank you.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Navision requires the trace flag 4616 set on SQL server 2005. The reason for this is that otherwise, the a client that is not DBowner, can not see other users loged into NAV, and thus can not correctly determine the number of concurrent sessions.

There are several ways to enable or disable a trace flag in Sql Server. The easiest way is to do it in SQL Server Configuration Manager:

In SQL Server Configuration Manager go to the properties of the SQL Server service (default is MSSQLSERVER):
    In the Advanced tab, select the StartUp parameters and add ;-T4616 then click Ok.

For more info search the forum for "trace flag 4616"
  • johannajohanna Member Posts: 369
    Dear Savatage,

I have same problem with juancho.. I'm using NAV 4 SP3 with SQL Server 2005. There are many of same connection id, user id, login type, idle time (blank), login date, login time, database name, host name, cpu time, memory usage, physical IO, wait time, blocking connection (other connection id), blocking host name in the NAV session.
    Why could this happen? Because if we are open 2 NAV, we will get different connection ID. The number of the sessions is also exceed the number of users permitted in the license.
    Could you help me to solve this problem?
    I have set the trace flag -T4616 in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
    Please help me. Thank you.
    Best regards,

Johanna
    Anyone could help me on this case? Thank you :)
    Best regards,

Johanna
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    did you restart the service after setting the trace flag?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Thanks Sog,

Did you mean trace flag -T4616? Yes, I have set it and then restart the SQL Server Service.. But, my issue is still happen..
    Best regards,

Johanna