Revalue Standard Costs - Navision 3.60

ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
I am having a hard time with using the Revaluation Journal in Navision. If I have any open item ledger entries on a standard costed Item, that have a Negative quantity, Navision will not allow me to add this item to a Revaluation Journal.

This is causing some confusion amongst my users, as the Item may have Positive Open Quantities in most locations, but only 1 location has a Negative. Navision will not allow me to revalue any of the entries.

Has anyone had this problem in the past, and can you recommend a workaround? Is this fixed in other releases of Navision or Dynamics-NAV?

Is there a reason why I cannot revalue the negative opent entries as well as the positive ones?

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Negatives are normally picked using Apply to entry from but that is not viable for revaluation makes sense as well( for costing purposes). For example : if u have -ve entry from sales do the sales return with "apply from entry" on sales line and then revalue it with "apply to entry" on revaluation journal and sell it again with "apply to entry".

This is the way u will do for rest -ves as well. Depends the origin of -ve entry.

U wont revalue ur -ve entries for costing purpose. How come u revalue it when u no more own it , it is as simple as that. U have right to revalue something which belongs to u. So if u have lost it get it back and then revalue it. To keep the costing figures happy. :mrgreen:
    Kapil Khanna