Options

1099 Vendor

FiverFiver Member Posts: 4
edited 2001-01-26 in Navision Financials
I have a client that forgot to classify multiple vendors as 1099 vendors until about half-way through the year. Now that they're trying to print the 1099's, the information is, of course, incorrect. I know that I can get the 1099's to print correctly by altering the vendor entries to show that they are in fact 1099 transactions, but there are several issues I don't like about that:

1) I'm directly editing a ledger which is usually a bad idea.

2) By editing the ledger, the 1099s will print correctly, but since I'm not also changing the original Payables invoice, I don't know if there are ramifications down the line for not changing everything.

3) According to the client, there are large number of transaction that need to be changed so changing them manually would take a good portion of time.

I've tried to figure out a way to do entries within Navision to correct the situation, but so far I've been unsuccessful. Does anyone have a better way to correct this situation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mfabianmfabian Member Posts: 187
    It would be helpful if you could explain the term "1099 vendor" and what impact it has on the system.
    As a general rule you can estimate that you have to make corrections in Tables 25, 121, 123, 125 and if G/L entries are affected in T17 and T254.

Marcus

Marcus Fabian
    m.fabian@thenet.ch
    +41 79 439 78 72
    With best regards from Switzerland

Marcus Fabian