setfilter functions should perform like "OR".

vijaydidmca2003vijaydidmca2003 Member Posts: 27
hello to all members.

i have a little but serious problem.

when we apply more then one setfilter functions. then they all together functions like
logical AND function.

can we apply them in such a way, so that they should perform like logical OR funtion.

thanks. ](*,)

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The simple answer, is NO it can't be done. But the answer is "NO" because you are asking the wrong question. Basically you need to ask the right question.

So instead telling us HOW you want to do something, instead ask WHAT you want to do and we can tell you the best way to do it properly. Most likely you are designing the system wrong and just need to rethink it through.

Basically this post is just like the post about LOCKTABLE problems.
    David Singleton
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Hi David

I am too curious about an easy of doing this. My scenario is:
    I need to display only the transfer orders which has a particular "Location Code" in "Transfer-From Code" OR "Transfer-To Code".
    We trying to display the transfer orders relevant to a particular location to the users at that location only.

Any ideas?

I also saw a discussion here!
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13671
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Hi David

I am too curious about an easy of doing this. My scenario is:
    I need to display only the transfer orders which has a particular "Location Code" in "Transfer-From Code" OR "Transfer-To Code".
    We trying to display the transfer orders relevant to a particular location to the users at that location only.

Any ideas?

I also saw a discussion here!
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13671

to solve this issue, create a field transfer header table like "transfer from / to Code" and simply combine transfer from and transfer to code into this field.then filter this field as you want. we needed this field when using security filter... but other solutions like coding to filter transfer header when opening transfer order can be implemented as well..
  • canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
    In my experience, the best way to do this would be to create a boolean field which will evaluate to TRUE or FALSE depending on your "OR" criteria and then just do the filter based on this new boolean field. You can populate this field on the OnValidate triggers of each field, on the OnModify trigger of the table or the OnInsert trigger or all of the above. This is assuming that you would consistently want to filter on this criteria. Otherwise I would just use the MARK function.
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 364
    Thanks for the reply
    As a quick solution for this problem, we created another transfer order form by copying from the original for receipt part only and disabled the creation of new record. Both forms also modified to have appropriate filters and disabled few controls.

I will try the suggestion by ayhan06 to have everything in a single form.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."