Calculate Plan Parameters

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm using the 'Calculate Plan' feature in the Requisition Worksheet. Can anybody explain in layman's terms exactly how each parameter in the request form affects the batch job - the help is pretty basic on this. I'm after how the transactions (SO, PO, Stock, Forecast Entries etc) are filtered by the parameters - 'Start Date', 'End Date', 'Exclude Forecast Before'.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Start Date - any suggestions, and therefore any firmed orders, will have this date as default. Reading the help this is also the date the system uses to calculate the inventory, so the starting point prior to doing a supply-demand balancing act.

Ending Date - this is where the planning stops. If you set this to be 30/05/2009 it will ignore any requirements after this date.

Exclude Forecast Before - if you attach a forecast then the system will build to the forecast as a form of demand. If you had an unfulfilled forecast in March you would not want the system to plan to make for it, if you did not use the exclude it would do this. Depending upon your forecast planning this would either be set to today, or the start of the month, although I would not personally be planning to biuld/buy to a monthly forecast towards the end of the month.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen