Vendor balance to date not tally with A/P GL Account

richtsangrichtsang Member Posts: 41
Hi,

the version is NAV4.0SP3.

My client only have one vendor posting group and point to one A/P account only.

There are a lot of vendors and include different foreign currencies. Recently, we are using the adjust exchange rate to calculate the exchange difference. I checked the system-entry field in the G/L entry. There is no entry posted directly to G/L Account without updating the vendor ledger.
However, the vendor balance to date is not tally with the A/P G/L account balance. Sometimes, the difference is varied every month. the following is the data I get from the testing database:
Jan difference -101.75 Feb difference 0 Mar-May difference 0 Jun difference 20.57 Jul difference 20.48
the largest difference is -6341.20
At the end of Dec, the difference is 280.10. So, don't know where to find the difference. There are lots of transactions. Try to identity one by one. But it is impossible. try to copy the transactions to Excel. But the amount is affected by the exchange difference in the detailed vendor ledger.
The difference is varied from time to time. and the difference is not found before adjust exchange difference. feel disappointed when using 4.0 or 5.0. more functions and more error. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Please help.

richard

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Just check that somebody has not played with the account mapping for unrealized / realized gain or loss account.
    But even then i don't think it will play any role. :-k
    Kapil Khanna