Setup CheckList

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi All,

Setup CheckList Copy all the data into the No. Series Line table (including "Last No. Used " and "Last Date Used" ) Which not correct . [-X

And it gives same message when there are no. of Tables are being copied. [-X

Nav 4.0 SP3 IN [native]
Now or Never

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You must be using "copy data" function and as the function suggest it will copy whatever is available in the table. The user need to decide which table to copy or not.
    What is the problem in this?
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    navuser1 wrote:
    Setup CheckList Copy all the data into the No. Series Line table (including "Last No. Used " and "Last Date Used" ) Which not correct . [-X
    Why is that not correct? You copy the content of one table to another table, all fields are included. Are you expecting the system to leave certain fields out?
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    edited 2009-05-14
    I think what you (Navuser1) say is partially right and Partially wrong why because.. When we create Master the Last number should get copied to Number series table to create Master in series.. but for invoice posting, order creation (transaction related) it should not get copied.. So probably delete the number series for those transaction(number series) alone.. I think Thats the reason why the number series is not populated in the Numbering tab in the set up table.. Correct me if i am wrong
    When we create Master the Last number should get copied to Number series table to create Master in series..
    Yes that is when you insert a new Item from the Item Card, not when you copy a list of Items from one company to the other.
    but for invoice posting, order creation (transaction related) it should not get copied.. So probably delete the number series for those transaction(number series) alone.. I think Thats the reason why the number series is not populated in the Numbering tab in the set up table..
    If you include all numbering series and their lines from one company to another, it copies all fields, including the "Last number used" field. You will have to manually go over each numbering series and make sure that those reflect the correct numbers. The Setup Checklist does not have any functionality to check those numbers.
    Correct me if i am wrong
    What is wrong about your assumptions is that you are clearly expecting some level of intelligence in the SetupChecklist, which simply does not exist. The Setup Checklist just copies table data from one company to another. It is essentially just a plain dumb copy/paste from one company to another, it does not check values for numbering series, that is something you'll have to check yourself.
  • vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    Hi Denster,

You got me all wrong I addressed Navuser1 & only "Correct me if i wrong" was addressed for other users.
    Well you got it wrong, so I corrected you :mrgreen:
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    DenSter wrote:
    navuser1 wrote:
    Why is that not correct? You copy the content of one table to another table, all fields are included. Are you expecting the system to leave certain fields out?

Sorry for bad english. [-o<
    I want to say that I'm selecting All the Tables( Suppose "Table A" ,Table B" and so on.....) and When I run the Setup CheckList, it should give differen message for different Tables.But It give the same message for all the different Table..

Message Screen....
    Now or Never
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    navuser1 wrote:
    DenSter wrote:
    navuser1 wrote:

Sorry for bad english. [-o<
    I want to say that I'm selecting All the Tables( Suppose "Table A" ,Table B" and so on.....) and When I run the Setup CheckList, it should give differen message for different Tables.But It give the same message for all the different Table..

Message Screen....

As Denster said, there is no intelligence in the copy paste functionality. User needs to decide what to copy and what not.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Now or Never
    navuser1 wrote:
    But It give the same message for all the different Table..
    So you get that message with every table, even when you select only one? I would probably debug that process to see what is causing the error, and go from there. That message doesn't look like the right message, I'm even thinking the process has been modified.