asp and navision

GisliGisli Member Posts: 2
edited 2005-03-22 in Navision Financials
Hi there,
I'm using IIS 5.0 and am having hell of a time feeding info to my asp page from navision 2.6. I tried the c/ocx route using c/front and though I can develop a vb application that retreives info from nav 2.6 a dll doing the same doesn't work as advertised. I tried the c/odbc route and though I am able to populate a table, with navi info, in FrontPage, it can't be accessed. What happens, in both cases, is my inetinfo.exe goes through the roof, virtually freezes the computer, doesn't respond to kill.exe and forces me to restart my W2K. What is going on? Anybody have similiar experience and perhaps stumbled upon an answer?

Gisli

Comments

• PrebenRasmussenPrebenRasmussen Member Posts: 137
    I have a customer with the exact same problem. He states that the IIS services simply closes down.

Navision Software sais, that the problem exists both for a ADO and DAO access to C/ODBC from ASP. Their only suggestion is to port the database to SQL.

I haven't tested it myself yet. I have only tried C/ODBC from Excel, and this gives no problems at all.
    If you come up with any answers, please let me know.

Preben Rasmussen
    Navi Group A/S
  • carlbergcarlberg Member Posts: 1
    Hi Gisli.

Are you still having this problem or?
    Are you using ADO or DAO?

I'm having the same problem... help..
  • FabermanFaberman Member Posts: 24
    Did anyone ever resolve this issue?

I am currently trying to populate web pages using C/ODBC connection to Navision 2.60G via ASP.

Any advice will be welcomed.