The hotifx for Planning fuction -KB 960894

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi All,
First of all i want to tell you guys that i hardly know about planning,MRP,MPS. But it was told to me to check this hotfix. So i have to create a situation so that i can say that why this hotfix is for.
About Hotfix:-The Calculate Plan function suggests additional quantities for items that use the Lot-for-lot reordering policy in Dynamics NAV 5.0

SYMPTOMS
When you run the Calculate Plan function on a requisition worksheet for an item or items that use the Lot-for-lot reordering policy in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0, the Calculate Plan function quantity for the item or items.

Can somebody please explain me this in details. how to find that yes with my version i have this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    1. Do you have any items set Lot-for-Lot?
    2. Do you experience messages telling you to buy 10 of these when you only need 5?

If those tow events happen you need the hotfix.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Hi Adam,
    Thanks for reply. Thats what my Query is? Suppose if i set one item say X for lot-for-lot reordering Ploicy. Now what i have to do to check whether i need this hotfix or not.
  • sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    Hi,
    I made one new Item Say X with Lot-for-Lot Reordering Policy. Than i made one sales order with 10 Qtys for this item.
    On Requisition Worksheet i click Calculate plan with Todays Date as Start date and End date as some date in future. and run for this item. So it comes out 10 in the Qty field.
    I did right?
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Yes that is correct, but it is not a real test is it :D
    I would guess that the issue is triggered in set circumstances.

However the hotfix has code snippets in it, does yours have the new or old code in it? If old then the circumstances are more complex and you need to review when the MaintainProjectedInv function is called and where it should be called.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen