HOTFIX

RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
Hi all,

I want to Import Hotfix 1 & 2 in Navision 5.0 version, where i have done customizations, if i import the Hotfix wheather my customizations wil get deleted? or how can i import the Hotfix without effecting my customizations, can anyone suggest how to perform... :-k

Comments

• sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    You can try Dev toolkit :) or any other file compare tool.
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    Yes, importing objects will overwrite the existing objects.
    So you need to check what customisations you've got; import the hotfix; then re-apply the customisations, and test.

Note that when importing Tables, Navision gives you the option of merging the new table with the existing table.
    I have never used this functionality, but I would be very careful if I did - i.e. double-check that the customisations are still there, and test to make sure that the objects work.
    Alastair Farrugia
  • hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Dear RS It is very crucial task.backup your live data make it test database...test your operation before applying with live database...you have to go step by step.there is also procedure of importing HOTFIX...Good Luck =D>
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can't just import those objects. Implementing any hotfix usually involves merging the objects. There are a number of ways that you can do this. What I like to do is merge objects manually in a text compare tool (Beyond Compare), I have found I have the best control, over the changes that way.