GL Entry tables lines deleted

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Dear experts,

I was deleted gl entry lines instead of reverse the transactions cause user don't wan leave any recorded data/info over gl entry(i know tis was ridiculous). After the gl entry lines deleted i update analysis view then ran "account schedule".
In account schedule overview ther i filtered date and acct schedule name.
But data was goes wrong.
Eg: in "Analysis View Entries" window at row x, column named "Amount" shown "50000" and i clicked lookup and there was a G/L Entry which only shown "Amount" = "2000" mean 3K was overshown. Any idea? 10s in adv~

Cheer,
teckpoh

Answers

• darshanmdarshanm Member Posts: 280
    Namaste!

First of all you should not delete any lines from G/L entry table.
    Now since your G/L entry and Analysis View Entr. are not synch. its showing the difference.

I think you have to manually correct the Analysis View Entr. lines also.
    Darshan Mungekar
    Senior Consultan
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    teckpoh wrote:
    Dear experts,

I was deleted gl entry lines instead of reverse the transactions cause user don't wan leave any recorded data/info over gl entry(i know tis was ridiculous). After the gl entry lines deleted i update analysis view then ran "account schedule".
    In account schedule overview ther i filtered date and acct schedule name.
    But data was goes wrong.
    Eg: in "Analysis View Entries" window at row x, column named "Amount" shown "50000" and i clicked lookup and there was a G/L Entry which only shown "Amount" = "2000" mean 3K was overshown. Any idea? 10s in adv~

Cheer,
    teckpoh

For the future, you should only use "NO" as a standard reply for all such request.
    In the present case you can recreate the analysis view in the following ways:
    a) Modify critical setup fields on the analysis view : Date Compression. It will delete all the data of the analysis view and you can update to start afresh.
    b) Delete the analysis view and create new and update.
    darshanm wrote:
    Now since your G/L entry and Analysis View Entr. are not synch. its showing the difference.

I think you have to manually correct the Analysis View Entr. lines also.
    I will recommend alternative approach and not advice somebody to mess with the system again.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    Hi darshanm and ssingla,

I managed to get the info display correctly after manually ammend the "Analysis View Entry" tbl lines. Thank's alot guys. ~

Cheer,
    teckpoh
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So you manually deleted some G/L Entries, and you manually modified some Analysis View Entries to make that show the same number? [-X
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    DenSter wrote:
    So you manually deleted some G/L Entries, and you manually modified some Analysis View Entries to make that show the same number? [-X

I'm sure he'll be back with bigger problems in the future... :wink: