Intermittant Error

bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
A client reports that various users, doing various things, get the following error once in a while:
The following C/AL functions can be used only to a limited degree during write transactions (because one or more table will be locked).

Form.RunModal is not allow in write transactions.

CodeUnit.Run() is allow in write transactions only if the return value is not used. For example, 'OK:=CodeUnit.Run()' is not allow.

Report.RunModal is allow in write transactions only if ' RequestForm = FALSE'. For example, 'Report.RunModal(...,FALSE)' is allowed.

DataPort.RunModal is allow in write transactions only if ' RequestForm = FALSE'. For example, 'DataPort.RunModal(...,FALSE)' is allowed.

Use the commit function to save the changes before this call, or structured the code differently

This is NAV 5.0 SP1 on a Navision server (not SQL.)

The error occurs in odd places, like posting a PO (some modified code there), doing a bank rec (no mods there), etc. The users are alway's able to continue with hat there were doing with no (apparent) ill effects.

I've searched on this error and see references to it in NAV 4.0, and advise to click the 'Stop on first error' choice on planning reports. I searched all of the NAV 5.0 reports for this phrase and only found them in 99001017 and 99001020 - but these users are functions these users don't use.

Is anybody else running into this?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It means that somebody inserted some functionality into points, which are not good for that. It will be something like "when something is inserted into this field, and some condition is fulfilled, NAV will open form with this and user will select some line" etc. It means there are some modifications which requires user intervention which is not possible when some transaction already started. In most cases,it is wrong modification design...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
    Yes, Ok. I understand that.

But the errors are occuring in areas that have not been modified.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    bhalpin wrote:
    ...But the errors are occuring in areas that have not been modified.

are you sure? If so then you can replicated this in CRONUS and send it to Microsoft as a bug.
    David Singleton