STX file used by client and by NAS

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Hello,

I have a problem concerning the stx file. I use NAV 5.0 SP1 client and NAS of the same version. When I start a certain codeunit from the client everthing works fine. When I start the same codeunit via NAS, I get several error messages like
'20.04.2009 10:29:41' is not a valid date.
That's because in Germany month and day in date specifications are swaped in comparision to english.

So I copied the stx and etx file from the client folder into the NAS folder. But now I get the following error message:
The country code in the license file does not correspond to the country code (DE) in the STX file.

In both stx files (client and NAS) the language in line 00007-00002-080-0 is 1033 (English (United States)). And I can switch the language of the client to English (United States) without any problems.

What am I doing wrong?
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Check the local settings in the windows if they are same...
    2) Look at the code -there will be some bad design which counts with date in some specific format. You need to solve that.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    1) Local settings are the same. I even started client and NAS on the same computer.
    2) hmm, I executed the same code by client and by NAS. And I don't use any GUIALLOWED or something else. Shouldn't it add up to the same result?

Maybe it has something to do with SQL Server. I'm using SQL 2008.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."