Automation control with events + customer license = crash

mboon75mboon75 Member Posts: 16
All,

I'm having a strange behavior with my automation control. My automation control variable has an eventhandler that processes some CAL code once it is hit. It is working fine with my developer license but as soon as I change this to my customer license and the event is fired, my navision client crashes.

I'm on NAV 5.0 SP1 client.
the customer license has granule 1750 C/OCX,

I removed my cal code from the event trigger and all local variable to be sure it has nothing to do with permissions, but still crash.

I also tested my code called from the event trigger with a report that is run under the customer license and that works. (so no permission issue, to my humble opinion)

What am i doing wrong....?

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you some error in event log? Some error message?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • mboon75mboon75 Member Posts: 16
    Yes i have:

Faulting application finsql.exe, version 5.0.27253.0, time stamp 0x48b49698, faulting module finsql.exe, version 5.0.27253.0, time stamp 0x48b49698, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000bc13f, process id 0x116c, application start time 0x01c9d38d4ea59038.
  • mboon75mboon75 Member Posts: 16
    I noticed one more thing

When i change my license to the customer license and then open database and fire the event my Nav client crashes.

When i upload the customer license and then open the databse and fire the event it is working fine. Changing to another customer license will result in a crash again.

:-k
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to use latest version of NAV 5.00SP1, there are new hotfixes which can solve this problem.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.