Training Material reflecting latest changes

jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
Hej All

Just a general Question

At the moment the latest training Versions are NAV 5.0 and Nav 2009 Versions. However with 5.1 some Change releases affected functionality which are explained in Various Whitepapers EG NAV 5.1 Supply planning, however without worked examples of a practical nature.

So i was wondering to train ourselves and clients who have the 5.1 functionality is it better to use the NAV 5 or 2009 manuals as 2009 contains the same functionality as 5.1 in the non role oriented version?

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Yeah i used 5.0 and so far in 2009 i didn't face any issue. Because ironically after 4.0 sp3 i moved in Ax 2009 and now back in both and with NAV in 2009, so for 2009 i referred 5.0 and is fine as of now. Until and unless u r a techie i don't think it will matter too much. Even if u find anything new won't be too big.

As they have played a lot with technical stuff when it comes to 2009. But u never know client may say "Hey you, why you are training with older stuff bring the latest". :mrgreen: (Don't take it other wise, just fun sake)
    Kapil Khanna
  • rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Actually I disagree a bit - especially when it comes to the Jobs granule. There is so little "help" in the help files - especially about the changes. Even the changes document is sparse - and there's no training material that I've been able to identify for it.
    Ron