How to cancel a closed sales invoice?

efficeon007efficeon007 Member Posts: 31
edited 2009-05-14 in Navision Financials
We have a sales invoice T-GVR13292 did not generate a booking as we generated it directly out of the invoices module. As a result, we have understated bookings for quarter 2, 2009. User wants to know if we can add this booking back in, without generating a new one. My first idea is use credit note to cancel this invoice and let them issue a new order, then book a new invoice.

But after investigation I found this invoice is already closed as far as we can see. Meaning there has been payment allocated to it. So I don't think a credit note is doable.
User wants to know if we could somehow "cancel" this invoice, then he could subsequently issue a new booking (meaning a new order) and invoice it to clear the info in the system.

My question is is it ok for me directly update sales invoice header and line tables? That means access table ID. 112 and 113 and remove / delete this invoice information in them. Any thing else I need to pay attention to? Is there any neagtive affect to do this?

Thanks and best regards,
Eugene
I am a expert of questions, not the solution provider, but questions submitter.

Answers

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Answer to your question is : Never delete posted records from the table [-X . Looking at your solution u mentioned 112 and 113 what about the payment records ? And i don't know whether invoice had items or not, if yes then what about items. So you will get so many questions for your database which u wont get answer for, and u will keep figuring out what next ? Because only these two tables are not affected when u post a Sales Invoice.

So in nutshell do not delete any posted records from your tables. Going for reversals is always the best option, reverse( unapply ) the payment first then make the credit note to follow the normal process of system. To keep everybody happy including the database. :)
    Kapil Khanna
  • efficeon007efficeon007 Member Posts: 31
    So in nutshell do not delete any posted records from your tables. Going for reversals is always the best option, reverse( unapply ) the payment first then make the credit note to follow the normal process of system. To keep everybody happy including the database. :)

Yes, I agree with you. Many thanks. So about reverse (unapply) the payment, could you please advise how to do it in system? I am sorry may be in your eyes this is easy, I just touched this system for several months :oops: Furthermore, it is in German. Language is another problem for me. ](*,) Thanks again.
    No issues , (even i don't know German) :) but if i see it on NA version this is the sequence it would be done.

Go to Financial Mgt. -> History -> Registers -> Functions Reverse register (pick the line which u know your payment posting will be) then it will open a new form where u will have one line with customer ledger entry as well. Now look up on amount field on that same line(customer ledger entry one) and again a new form will open now click on functions -> Unapply. It will make your payment entry and your invoice entry separate from each other and then u can come back to register and reverse your original payment entry. So u r free now to create your credit note. Only diff will be of caption (language) not the process.

But i would suggest you to call your service provider to do this for you if you have any doubt because unfortunately even by mistake if u pick up wrong line from register then it wont give you the desired result and will mess up your entries. Because looking at number of records, depending how many entries u have posted, u may get confused. Plus in addition to this i don't know localization (German) shall play any role in this whole process or not.
    Kapil Khanna
    Thank you for your reply. Sorry I did not find that menu place in their system. (will attach a menu picture for your reference)

Here I have a workaround: If this wrong invoice is posted, is it ok for us to do issue "return goods" order (with negative quantity?) and book invoice with the same records but amount is negative to cancel our original invoice? Finally re-issue order and re-booking a new invoice.

If the above workaround is not correct, it looks we have to use "unapply payment" way. right?
    Please do not post any entry from Sales Order, Sales Invoice , Purchase Order and Purchase Invoice with negative quantities on line. If u have filled in Negative quantity lines just move them to Return order or Credit note by clicking on functions move negative lines. This is available on all the forms which i mentioned above.

Yeah use the unapply payment then the credit note to make system rollback everything properly and create fresh docs to keep the entries clean.
    Kapil Khanna
    As you can see, we don't have "unappy entries / payment" function in 2.60 version, our business people found another way below:

They created a new booking and invoice and subsequently issued a credit note on an finance account rather than using the article. This credit note will render the desired results as it will be reflected in the system, but won't show up in the roll up reporting to the business.
    Yeah man u don't have that in 2.6 version. No issues i hope ur guys have taken right steps to correct the error. :)
    Kapil Khanna