No. Series Date Order Payment Journal Suggested Vendor Payme

fredp1fredp1 Member Posts: 86
Hi All,

We are running nav 5sp1 SQL server in a pre go live environment.
I have setup date order on the Payment Journal Number series.
When we try and get a Suggested Vendor Payment in the Payment Journal Form , Nav comes back with a error "You cannot assign new numbers from the number series GJNL-PMT on a date before 12/5/2009" (12th May)
When you get this message you cannot go any further.
If I delete the ZUP file, I can get the report request form tabs appearing and I can change the last posting date which has a date of before 12/5/2009

The work around has been to remove the date order on the no. series. Surely this is a bug or should I not have date order on the number series.

My rational for a date order to to prevent posts to be out of date sequence.

Am I missing something or am I making thing more complicated than they need to be?

Thanks

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    I just ran this worked fine for me. But check two things

1. Your starting date of number series is in order.

2. And you don't have any other record lying on some other batch using the same number series. in case if it is lying then what the date is on that line as date order will check that the combination of document number and date are in ascending order.

I never faced this issue, even i am guessing. :-k
    Kapil Khanna
  • fredp1fredp1 Member Posts: 86
    Hi,

The data is fine as its a new implementation and their is no duplicate numbers... however can you tell me how your Batch is configured?
    My batch name DEFAULT has a value of GJNL-PMT for "No. Series" and blank for "Posting No. Series".

I've had a similar problem with Purchase Invoices I think that the Posted No. Series needs to be set too, but I am unsure.

Can you advise how your batch is setup? specifically with the No. Series and the Posted No. Series

Thanks
    Fred
  • helmhelm Member Posts: 46
    Unless it is a recurrent journal, it is not necessary to set the Posting No. series. If both are set in a normal journal, the system will assign a temporary number from the No. series and then replace that with a number from the Posting No. series when posting is done. But I can't see any harm is testing to set it, since it is a pre go live system.
  • fredp1fredp1 Member Posts: 86
    Looks likes its a bug with the routine. Our partner is working on the solution.

Thanks that all have replied.