ADCS Blocking Issues

kenmasterptykenmasterpty Member Posts: 5
We are using ADCS with NAV5.0 SP1 RTM., we have some adcs processes which are posting the transfer of the goods using the miniforms through the handled. what we have seen is that, there are some "concurrency" issues, as at the same time, there are warehouse user posting transfer in NAV while the ADCS is doing this funcitons in the miniform.

Is it possible to avoid this kind of blocking to the NAS? i had already tried deploying multiple NASes, however they all get blocked when this kind of situation happens.

do anyone know if the ADCs plugin that comes in the NAV 5.0 SP1 RTM DVD is the most recent one? i am asking this because the version included in the DVD doesnt contain a Fix that we were given for some issues we had in NAV 5.0, and we had to uninstall it and replace it with the old one.

Thanks

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Lanham ADCS addon has the functionality to do batch posting, so the transaction can be posted by one NAS.
    You can look at the solution.

The other option is to optimize sql to make sure the processes run fast enough to minimize blocking.

You can also ask your partner to get you 5.0 sp1 DVD.

I usually do remote session with client and start the download process on their computer.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kenmasterptykenmasterpty Member Posts: 5
    Hi Rashed, thanks for the reply
    I just had a look on the solution you mentioned, it seems to be a more advanced ADCS module (compared to the basic func. NAV Offers)
    However, we already have some in-house developed functions, which is much more sotisphicated functions, i didnt see they mention any Batch posting though. anyways, im not sure how feasible would be installing the addon, as we have already our own adcs solutions.

we have been enhacing the sql and the code a lot, and had reduced a lot the posting of the transactions, however it is still not good enough and we sometimes experience several minutes of blocking, and this blocks all the ADCS Handhelds (~20), making a very big impact in the daily operations.
    have you been monitoring the locking and who is locking whom?
    Do you have cost posted to GL checked in Inventory setup?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• kenmasterptykenmasterpty Member Posts: 5
    we dont have that option, as we dont have the standard NAV, but a very customized solution instead.
    we have some tables which is used by ADCS and other warehouse processes, mainly one called Unit Journal Line, most of the warehouse processes run over that table, trasnfer journals from one locaiton to another, adjustment journlas, shipment journals, etc. and the ADCS accesses this table for the picking, shipping procedures, so we have seen a lot of locking when a normal user post this trasnfer in Navision.
    We have another issue now is that, instead of the ADCS just being blocked and release after the locking finishes, it actually Hungs, and you need to restart the services for the NAS/ADCS. any idea how can this happen? had tried to reinstall and it happen on both NAS servers.
    Looks to my like there are issues with design of your modification. Knowing little about the mods, I can't comment that much except suggest that your solution center to look at it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini