Options

Access rights to new codeunit

PatrikPatrik Member Posts: 13
edited 2004-08-03 in Navision Financials
I have just created a codeunit containing 3 simple functions. When I run them as a user I get an error message saying that I don't have the access right to run the codeunit. I added the codeunit to the group that every user is in, with exekvation rights, but I still get the error message. Can someone please tell me step by step what I need to do when I create a new codeunit?

Very thankful for any help!

Regards

Patrik

Comments

• Options
    i4tosti4tost Member Posts: 208
    Can you run it when you log as a super user?
  • Options
    No I can not run it even as a super user. I have to use the developers license to be able to run it.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Compare the developers license with the license file on the server. There is probably a difference in objectranges in the two licenses.

Try one of these downloads to display the object ranges that are configured:
    Navision License Viewer v0.1.2.17
    License Overview v0.1
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    So you have no permission to run this codeunit. Maybe in your experimental license you have not correct permisions for this object or this object was not purchased at all.
  • Options
    (i4toast) So what you mean is that if I move my three functions to an already available codeunit I will probably not get an error message since the codunits obviously are within my license?

(Luc Van Dyck) Thanks I will try the tools.
  • Options
    Yes, your experimental license hase granded you an access to some objects, so if you place a code to these objects and allow it to some users, they will be able to use this code.
    Just remember, that security is needed not to allow everything on the system.
  • Options
    (Luc Van Dyck)

2 questions:
    1. The naviosion licence viewer gave me an error saying I was not allowed to run this verision of Navision with my license file. I'm running Navi. fin. 2.00

2. The License Overview v0.1. How should I use it?

Thanks / Patrik
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You run this report with your developers license active, and filter on your new object. In the columns you see the available rights.
    Then you switch your license file (Tools -> License Information -> Change) to the one that is used on the server and run the report again. Filter on your new object, and look at the available rights.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)