Dimension on COGS Acc Error when Posting Ship

selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
Hi Nav masters,
I have a problems in Nav 5 SP 1,
I have a client that have a COGS Account that have a dimension with value posting "Code Mandatory".
In the Inventory setup we Un-Check the "Expected Cost Posting to G/L"
But we Check the "Automatic Cost Posting"

When the warehouse user post Ship on The Sales Order, it shows error "Select a Dimension Value Code for the Dimension Code XXX for G/L Account YYY"

Where did i make mistake?
When Posting Ship on Sales Order, it is not suppose to have anything to do with COGS right?

Please help / advice to fix this problems,
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Steven

Answers

• idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    In version 4, this error could indicate a missing dimension in the Sales Order, but not sure if it's the same in version 5.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    HI Not sure if you have just upgraded the client or DB.

But you have can occur from time to Time in documents on the line. You can check to see if the line dimensions are really there by Selecting Line > Dimension as sometimes you may have the column shown but it is not in the subtable TBL 37 you need to reenter or revalidate the dimension value.

I am not sure what you process is with customisations etc but the end result is on that line it is trying to post against an account where that dimension is needed.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    even though you are not hitting GL, you'll still need to check the dimensions because, when you post the entries to GL it will take the same dimensions and will error out, and there is no way to fix the dimensions because you've already posted to value entry.

So the checking of dimension will happen regardless if you hit gl or not.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • selece28selece28 Member Posts: 316
    Hi all,
    Thanks ara3n, i just find out what you say is correct, still need to enter the dimension even if posting Ship didn't effect GL.

Thank you all for the great support :)

Regards,
    Steven
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you are welcome. You might want to change the option below the tile to solved, instead of changing the title.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    jannestig wrote:

...You can check to see if the line dimensions are really there by Selecting
    Line > Dimension
    as sometimes you may have the column shown but it is not in the subtable TBL 37 you need to reenter or revalidate the dimension value.

Thanks for your suggestion about checking Line \ Dimensions.

It helps me on error "Select a Dimension Value Code for the Dimension Code XXX for G/L Account YYY".
    But I am wondering why this could be empty sometimes ???

This error happens on Sales Order, when warehouse are going to POST \ Ship and Invoice.
    But the error most likely occur on Invoice part. We have tried POST \ Ship and it goes through. Then we do Invoicing from Sales Order form, and it gives this error. The strange part, it only occurs once in a while, out of so many sales order created.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    And I thought I was the only one having this problem...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    Usually we put a validate line for the dimension values when inserted. Maybe the latest objects for your version have them already.
  • aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    jannestig wrote:
    Usually we put a validate line for the dimension values when inserted. Maybe the latest objects for your version have them already.

@jannestig, would you mind to tell me which object are you refering to ?
    what do you validate ?
    sorry, i'm newbieee.
    Usually it was Sales or purchase documents and journals.

IF you have a line shown with dimensions sometimes the value was shown but the subtable was empty. This could happen from copy document or when you updated a header etc.