Options

User Rights Management

kirtangorkirtangor Member Posts: 65
edited 2009-05-12 in NAV Three Tier
I am using NAV 2009, and wanted to know the BEST way to assign permissions to roles.

I have tried using the User Rights Setup tool. But as mentioned in 6th message from the top here, its only extracting "Table Data" only.

The only other way that I know of is doing it manually, which is a really time consuming chore. I'd like to know if there's any new feature available with NAV 2009 to make this task easy.

Thanks,
Kirtan.
Thanks,
Kirtan.

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In most cases "table data only" is enough. Common is to assign Execute permissions to report, form, page, dataport, codeunit with ID 0 (all objects of the type) and drive the accessibility through Table Data object type.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Kine. I have seen this practice being followed for the "All" role. I think we can go ahead with that. One more thing that we'll do is give rights to the main menu items in the MenuSuite to the respective users so that they can't see the menus which don't belong to them.

Will that be alright?
    Thanks,
    Kirtan.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In the RoleTailored client you have better way - create Role Center with all what the user need and rest will be in the Department menu. THan the user do not need to search through items he do not need, the NAV itself will lead him what to do (if done correctly) because it will offer him the actions the user needs etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Ok. Thanks. Will check it out.
    Thanks,
    Kirtan.