Picking logic

genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
Hello
Can somebody explain to me the Picking logic for NAV. Especially when you have reservation. The code looks ugly/complicated. Is there a document on this? Does it look at ILE only or warehouse entry as well? What if they are out of sync?

Thanks.

Comments

• bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The ILE and Warehouse Entry should always be in sync. The ILE does not carry warehouse location (Zone/Bin) information, therefore is not applicable to the picking process. The exact logic sequence of the picking process is dependent on your system setup and feature implemented. The picking is based on the Bin Contents table with appropriate filters applied. The Bin Contents table uses flowfields to various tables (Warehouse Entry, Warehouse Document Lines, etc.) to calculate available quantity for picking. The ILE table is not used. The logic runs thru the filtered set until an appropriate quantity is found or the end is reached.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    I have to disagree with you. If you are using reservation.
    Lets say sales order has qty 20. you've reserved 10 only. And you do a positive warehouse journal adjustment 10, and then try to create a pick
    Nav will create only 10. Even when you do sync ILE with warehouse entry, it still creates a pick for 10.

Is there a documentation on this?
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    What does the positive journal adjustment have to do with the reservation? The ILE and warehouse entry are still (and should be) in sync. Let's say I have 1000 cases in stock. The ILE will tell me what locations they are in, and how many, and cost. The warehouse entry will tell me what bins they are in. If I apply the same filter set to both tables I should get the same quantity results. The only exception would be if I'm in the middle of a physical inventory. But that difference would be offset by the adjustments bin.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.