SQL Server error when I try to 'Synchronize All'

grierosgrieros Member Posts: 6
Hi, i have a problem when I try to Syncronize all users on a Navision 4SP3 SQL database.

An SQL Server error ocurrs:

'The database principal owns a schema in the database, and cannot be dropped.
(Microsoft SQL Server, Error :15138)'

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you need to change the creator of the db.

EXEC sp_changedbowner 'SA'
    GO

Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The question is "why are you using advanced security"?
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Translation = If you use standard security model, you don't need to synchronize anymore. :wink:
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kriki wrote:
    Translation = If you use standard security model, you don't need to synchronize anymore. :wink:

:cry: No thats not what I asked. The question is "why are you using advanced security"?

I actually want to know why users are using Advanced security, so far the only case I have found is for some SOX compliant companies where it can assist their certification process (not actually help the company, just make it easier to fool the auditors).

I have asked this question many times, and no one has ever given me a genuine reason for using advanced security. I can't believe that Microsoft added this just for fun, there must actually be a purpose to it.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Sorry David, but I interpreted it like this. Neither I have ever had a 'good' reason.

The reason it was implemented in the first place WITHOUT the possibility to use the standard way was under preasure of the SQL-product group (at least that was what I heard somewhere).
    Later the NAV product group was strong enough (or had good real-life reasons) to implement the possibility to go back to the standard security model. But the default remains enhanced.

And I just read a post that a lot of people think this : default options = best practice. And this is not true.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!