Comparing base objects to modified objects (NAV 5.0)

alien251alien251 Member Posts: 80
I'm new to NAV but have worked with some other ERP packages on the market. I was just hired by a company who has implemented NAV 5.0, the base objects have been highly customized and there's not a lot of documentation on to mods that have been made. In JD Edwards there was a feature that allowed you to compare objects in a "pristine" environment to objects that have been customized to see the differences. Is there something similar in NAV...? If so, where can I get it..?

TIA!

Dan

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Nothing in standard NAV I'm afraid. You can export all objects in text format, do the same from a standard database (you can get that from the product CD) and run the objects through a text compare tool. There's the developer toolkit, but oyu need a developer license to be able to run that.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You also need developer license to export to text as well.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • alien251alien251 Member Posts: 80
    Yay, sounds like fun! Thanks for the reply...
  • mwilkinsonmwilkinson Member Posts: 7
    If you want to compare the objects as suggested export them to text files and I suggest you use a tool like BeyondCompare which is a great text compare tool that highlights the differences so it should be very easy to identify the customisations.