question: how to get the input values from a report?

tomM21tomM21 Member Posts: 13
hi, i have a very simple question, though i dont know how to do it:
a)i have to create a very simple report(eg: iterating over SalesHeader+Lines), but prior spitting something out i have to do some lookups etc. therefore i need to know which SO-Numbers the user punched in.
b) how would i access those values punched in into a request form?

>> i dont not have a programming license, i can only create "regular" reports

thx for any pointer!

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I don't know if this effects something else but it works.

The "No." field in your reports request form doesn't give you the assist lookup.

If you go to the sales header table & view the properties of field 3 "No."
    If you change the Table relation to
    "Sales Header".No. WHERE (Document Type=FIELD(Document Type))

Save & complile - now go to your report you will see the lookup now works as long as you specify the Type on the request form too. "Order", "Credit memo", etc...
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Savatage wrote:
    I don't know if this effects something else but it works.

After further thinking - this will probably effect the Sales Order List. When you click on the number it wont go to the order.

Line->Card or Shift-F5 - does solve that issue tho :-k
  • tomM21tomM21 Member Posts: 13
    hi all & thx for ur input. but thats not what i want(ed) to know: its quite easy: i need to know within a report-code-section which or how many eg; Sales_Order Numbers the user keyed in. that cant be that difficult, right?

thx
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    add a textbox and set sourceexpr property to Format("sales order".count).
    *edit: it's better to put the value in a variable in order to calculate it one time only and then show the variable...if you want further instructions, just ask them

@Savatage: :-k and what about the bottom left lookup?maybe the lookupformID is the key of this problem...otherwise, i didn't understand clearly what you told :whistle:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    sorry for the confusion. let me try to clraify things here:

if i run report ID: 206 : Sales _ Invoice, Nav4Sp1, as attached in the pictures, i need to know what the users keys into the fields, espcially the No.-field.
    Lets say, the users enter "A" | "B" | "C", (see attachemnt), HOW do i access those values within the report -code>?

thx 4 ur time
    tom
    ok, then use "sales header".GETFILTERS instruction instead of "sales header".COUNT: be sure tu use a very long textbox, as the user can insert more than one filter
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    ok, that could work, i've never used that one before. looke dit up in the help and looks like thats what i need. just one more question: i tested it (with a MEssage) within the OnPreReport-Section, but "visually" the report finishes gernating AND THEN the Messages pops up. where should i access that values to do some precalculations , PRIOR the reports gets actually generated?
    is that possible?
    thx again
    yes, it's possible, but as you can see the value returned by getfilters function is pretty difficult to use for processing.
    you should tell us what preprocessing you want to do.
    -Mirko-
    My Blog