Cannot create .fbk-Backup from Navision Client in SQL-Nav-DB

AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
Hallo,

an sql2005-Navision database backup was delivered to me which I successfully restored.
I can open the database with the Navision client and use it.
However, unfortunately I get an error message when I try to create a native backup (.fbk):
There is an error in the database structure. The error (1190 in module 19) may have been caused by the computer or a program.

Table: Varianten Ausstattung
Company:
Key Fields: ...

First check the database by clicking File, Database, Test and then click Maximum. If you still get the same error, you should:
All the suggestions are of no avail.
The fact remains: I can open the database with the Navision client and work with it, but cannot create an .fbk.

Would someone know a remedy?
Thank you.
Sincerely

Andreas
Andreas

Comments

• canadian_baconcanadian_bacon Member Posts: 91
    Look in the Varianten Ausstattung table at the primary key values and see if there are any letters with umlauts. When you create the fbk, Nav converts these letters to the same letters without the umlauts. For example if you have "ä" as a primary key value and "a" as a primary key value everything will be fine in the database but when you do a NAV backup it will convert "ä" into "a" and so, you have a primary key violation.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    AndreasD wrote:
    an sql2005-Navision database backup was delivered to me which I successfully restored.
    I can open the database with the Navision client and use it.
    However, unfortunately I get an error message when I try to create a native backup (.fbk):

these steps dont make sense. Can you clarify in more detail. the first back that you restored, was that sql or fbk
    David Singleton
    these steps dont make sense. Can you clarify in more detail. the first back that you restored, was that sql or fbk

I think he originally got a SQL backup and was able to restore it. The umlaut problem doesn't happen with SQL backups with the default code page.
  • AndreasDAndreasD Member Posts: 34
    Hello,
    yes I did get an SQL-Server-2005 backup file which I could restore to a functioning database.
    Then I wanted to create an .fdb for which I need a .fbk-Backup, which I could not create.

Now, do you mean there should not be "Umlaute" (like ä) in the field definitions or in the data of the key fields?
    The fields of the primary key do not have Umlaute but a . (Dot) like in
    Belegnr.

I just checked, actually I don't see any Umlaute in neither.

Thank you
    Sincerely
    Andreas
    Andreas
    Look at the data of the primary fields. And it may not be an umlaut. I could be any other accented character. I suggested umlaut because I noticed you are in Germany.
  • Igor_BeeoneIgor_Beeone Member Posts: 80
    Hello,
    had similar problem 3 years ago during data migration. It caused because of wrong characters in CODE fields (check out if they are uppercased everywhere in tables).
    Also when You run database tests You will see in which table it has "wrong" values.
    Solution might be exporting those tables to files, delete table data, and import back with dataports. Use Dataport generator for tables to make it easier.
    Hope it helps.

Br,
    Igor