discrepancy in posting in G/L entries

success_seekersuccess_seeker Member Posts: 3
hey guys,

I am using NAV 5.0 SP1,

I am facing a problem in the G/L account entries when i post a sales order or a purchase order i get some discrepancy in the ledger entries.
in the amount field sometimes i get : 0.01, -0.02,.... so on so forth
it's affecting my overall balance.
Plz i need advice
Mak,
Lebanon

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Your query is not too clear but u can check this

Looking at these figures it seems these are entries generated by rounding.

Rounding means : For example ur invoice amount is 99.96 and u don't want to carry cents in your invoice then u can have them posted in rounding accounts. In this case your expense a/c will get posted by 99.96, Party will get credit of 100 and rounding account will have .04.

To check this is happening or not go to ur vendor or customer posting groups and see invoice rounding a/c and see if any entries are posted to that account. If that account has all these entries then this means u are using this functionality. or check any of ur posted documents an extra line with G/L account would have been created by system automatically with the rounding amount.
    Kapil Khanna
  • success_seekersuccess_seeker Member Posts: 3
    listen,

when we perform a sales order or a purchase order along with automatic cost posting checked (in the inventory setup) then we double check the chart of account (total sales account) we found out some lines with amount 0.01 or -0.01 or 0.02 .....
    so when we have millions of transactions a day the final balance will differ clearly for the current and tangible transactions.....
    thanks in advance guys...
    Mak,
    Lebanon