Dev ToolKit Issue

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Hi Experts, I m using DevToolKit300400. I created a New DevToolKit Database using NAV 5.0 Client with SQL server option.
After that i imported the Object from DevTool.fob file. After creating a new company when i m trying to open the Database(DevToolKit) from Dev Tool Kit it is throwing an error Some error No. (You Have not selected a Database).

Is it i m doing something wrong?

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
    When i m reading the Manual for this there is a statement that-

You must have a database to be able to work with Developer’s Toolkit. The installation
    program does not provide a Developer’s Toolkit database automatically. Because
    Developer’s Toolkit uses a Microsoft Dynamics NAV database, you need at least a
    single-user installation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV version 2009 or higher to create
    and manage the database.

It means that i cann't create a databse from 5.0
    If not do i need some other version of Toolkit.
    Now, I am Doing it on Client machine. I installed Devtoolkit ver 2 SP3 say at directory NDT. Using Nav 5 SP1 client i created a new database in the directory NDT. import the objects using DEVtool.fob. A new Company is created.
    now when i run DevToolkit and try to open the devtoolkit databse, it is giving me error 1048-You have not selected a Database.
    Any suggestions. ](*,)
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi

Version 3 of the toolkit is designed to work with Nav 2009. You are now using a version 2 - have you pointed the toolkit to the correct database using File -> Database -> open
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
    Yes, i am pointing to the correct Database File --> Database--> Open.
    but every time i m getting either error 32 or 1048.
    Which version is for Nav5. i searched the forum and found some post regarding DTK for NAV5. so i downloaded version 2 SP3 of DTK. but still no luck :(:(:(
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

Can you check the permissions on the database created. Also not not have the database open in Nav before opening in toolkit if not a published database.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html