2 errors when using Acc Schedules (NAV 5.1)

DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
Hi all,

I'm running a 5.1 NAV database here and I have run into two problems when using the Acc. Schedules.

1) The first error occurs when I try to set a Dimension filter. The error msg is pretty long so pls refer to the url below.
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Yakuza117/?action=view&current=Error1.jpg

2) The second error occurs when I try to export my Acc. Schedule to Excel. When I click on the Functions button >>> Export to Excel, I am able to see the screen where I get to choose whether to 'Create Workbook' or 'Update Workbook' but the moment I click on the Ok button, the error msg below pops up.

" An exception was raised in method value. The OLE Control or Automation Server has returned error (HRESULT) -2147352567. The component did not provide the exception description."

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Dave

Answers

• rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    For the first problem, enable the relevant key on the g/l entry table. It may also sort the second one
  • DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
    Thanks for the reply, rsfairbanks

Will test this out. If I'm not mistaken, I have to go to the G/L Entry table >>> Design >>> View >>> Keys and add in the proper combination there.

Will update this thread once I get the results.
  • DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
    Update on the 2 errors:-

1) The first error occurs when I try to set a Dimension filter. The error msg is pretty long so pls refer to the url below.
    http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt32 ... Error1.jpg

Answer: After adding the relevant G/L Entry tbl keys, seems like some customization done previously was causing the problems. Got the tech fellas to solve it.

2) The second error occurs when I try to export my Acc. Schedule to Excel. When I click on the Functions button >>> Export to Excel, I am able to see the screen where I get to choose whether to 'Create Workbook' or 'Update Workbook' but the moment I click on the Ok button, the error msg below pops up.

" An exception was raised in method value. The OLE Control or Automation Server has returned error (HRESULT) -2147352567. The component did not provide the exception description."

Answer: This was because in the Rows, there were several lines with the characters "==============" in there. It was being used as a separator between two sections in the Acc Schedule Rows. Once I removed that, I managed to export to Excel.