Source Code for Purchase Invoice

mehmeh Member Posts: 50
I am doing customisation of a form. I have used purchase header as the source code for desigining the form. I need vendor posting group and the g/l a/c no where the vendor posting group is assigned. I was able to get information of posting group but not able to get the source of g/l a/c of the same posting group. How that can be done pls suggest

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

You'll need to lookup the value in the Vendor Posting Group table. Declare a record variable for the Vendor Posting Group and then in the OnAfterGetRecord add the code to get the record.
    e.g.
    IF NOT VendorPostingGroup.GET( "Vendor Posting Group" ) then
                VendorPostingGroup.INIT;

Then add a textbox with source expression VendorPostingGroup."Payables Account"
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • mehmeh Member Posts: 50
    Thank you for the reply.I am not able to do this . I am actually a financial user . SO I will be more happy if you could tell me in more precise form .
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    meh wrote:
    Thank you for the reply.I am not able to do this . I am actually a financial user . SO I will be more happy if you could tell me in more precise form .

A change in code is required, as a financial user, I'm guessing that you do not have a developers license to make this change. If this is the case then you will have to contact your Nav business partner to make the change for you.
  • mehmeh Member Posts: 50
    No we do have a developer licensce . I am working as financial user for the database I do consulting as well but I want to learn some customisation so i thought of doing this .If you can suggest something I will appreciate
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Meh,

The only way around this without a development license and assuming you have table designer is to create a flowfield and display this on the form. I think talking to your partner is the best bet as this is such a small change you mightn't even be charged.
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html