Calling a function from outside of NAV

StormStorm Member Posts: 27
Hi

We have created an automatic backup of our Live Navision (5.0) and automatic Restore in our Test system. I have created a codeunit that (among other things) renames the company names and changes some other data.
This codeunit should be run after the Backup has been restored in our Test system and that is why I need the codeunit to be triggered when this restore is finished but I have no idea how to do this :-)
The Backup and restore is done through an SQL-script and it is of course important that it is finished before running the codeunit, so can you enter some kind of Windows command line to trigger a specific codeunit? or is there another way to do it without any human interaction?
Thanks in advance for the help ;-)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no way how to start some Business logic in NAV without using NAS or NAV client. For me it looks like best will be to run NAS with appropriate parameter, which will fire your function in the NASHandler function of the CU1. NAS can be started from command prompt or as system service.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you can use webservice with 2009 and use tsql to connect webservice and run business logic.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n