Export Data to Word.

visheshvishesh Member Posts: 60
Hi all,

I am working on 5.0. I have a question for exporting the sales order form to word.
I have changed the company information logo, but still after changing the logo i am getting cronus logo on the output document.

Is there anything i am missing.
From where its picking the cronus logo?????????
Vishesh Singh
Technical Consultant

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    What does that have to do with Word? Are you creating a Word document with the logo? Probably the logo is embedded in your template.
  • visheshvishesh Member Posts: 60
    sorry I am talking abt the style sheets.
    there is a button in 5.0 for exporting the form to word.

Please let me know if you can help me.
    Vishesh Singh
    Technical Consultant
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    vishesh wrote:
    I have changed the company information logo, but still after changing the logo .

Where did u change the logo?
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    The logo is indeed hard-coded in the templates NAV uses to export to word,excel etc. You will have to export the templates, change them and read them back in the database. Search this forum, there are a few posts about it.
    Hi Mberger,

Can we change the logo in stylesheets directly?
    Hi Mberger,

Can we change the logo in stylesheets directly?
    not easily.... i have fiddled around with it, and basically the logo is in the xslt as a base64 encoded file. Search for the following line in the xslt and you will find the logo.
    <w:binData w:name="wordml://03000001.png">

you CAN base64 encode your own picture, and then copy-paste the datapart ( leave out the header ) that into the xslt and read it back into NAV.

But here's the official whitepaper on the templates, maybe that will help you further : https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/par ... ePaper.pdf
    MBerger wrote:
    <w:binData w:name="wordml://03000001.png">

Can't we directly change this with our picture?

<w:binData w:name="C:\test.png">

Can't we directly change this with our picture?

<w:binData w:name="C:\test.png">

Nope...
    if you open the xslt and look at the tag i talked about, you see something like this :
    <w:binData w:name="wordml://03000001.png">iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAMgAAABkCAIAAABM5OhcAAAAAXNSR0IArs4c6QAANHpJREFUeF7t
    nXmUXdV15u+bx3o1l1RC8zwjCSHEIMxowIBiwI47ju3YISvtkMRJOomzku50e/mPpFenu1fSWV7d
    TtyJ7eUhsQ2OATGDmISE5hmh0jxLVaUa3jz379yv3uUhqh4FkldB9btoPe677wz77P2dvffZZ59b
    NX5lO6YjqwNrTNk/fjuvA2v8ynZMR1YH1piyf/x2XgfW+JXtmI6sDqwxZf/47bwOrPEr2zEdWR1Y
    Y8r+8dt5HVjjV7ZjOrI6sMaU/eO38zqwxq9sx3Rk/w+5pMu67cthTwAAAABJRU5ErkJggk==</w:binData>

all the "junk" is the encoded image, your suggestion would just change the name of it.
  • visheshvishesh Member Posts: 60
    What abt if I am having two companies using different logo.
    Because if we go to the manage style sheet from its showing the same values in both the companies.

How to resolve this.

Any idea.
    Vishesh Singh
    Technical Consultant