One Sales order for multiple shipment address

MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
Hi,

We have a scenario that there is a customer who want to buy some items and want them to ship on different addresses.

In Navision 5 we have customer invoice to address and ship to address. We can register more than 1 shipment addresses for a customer.

As per given knowlege we need to create diffrent sales order for different shipment addresses as a standard functionality of Navision.

Do I need to create multiple sales order to the same customer with different shipping address? or there is a way where we can create only one sales order.

For many reasons we dont want to create multiple sales order so how can we make a single sales order to the same customer to multiple shipment addresses? That item 1 & 2 to be delivered to shipping address 1 & Item 3 and 4 should be delivered to shipping address 2?

regards,

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Ship-to information is entered into the Header, so one per document. Standard NAV does not provide a way to link particular items to particular ship-to addresses within the same order. The only way that I can think of a solution would be to do a partial shipment to address 1, and then another partial shipment to address 2, but I don't know if NAV will let you change the address once there has been a shipment. Then there's the issue of invoicing, where do those go to?

The easiest way to do this really is to create separate orders for separate ship-tos.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I don't know how to program it, but if I were going to ask my solution center, here is what I would ask.

since the line detail can have different ship to codes entered. I would have them program a change so the shipment document post a separate shippment for each different ship to code entered, and have it pull the ship-to address into the shipment header based on the ship to code of the detail line.

so you would end up with a single invoice and multiple shipping documents.

but not being a programmer, not really sure how it would actually be done.