reconfigure user and permission after migration

vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
HI,
I had migrated Nav 4.0 to Nav 5.0 suscessfully.
how can I reconfigure user and permissions ?
I have to do it manually or is there any other option?

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    With Windows logins you should be able to just synchronize logins, provided that you are still on the same domain. With database login you would need to create the users on the new server first.

There is no standard routine in NAV that does this, but there are scripts floating around that copy logins. You'll have to search for it yourself, because I have not used any of them.
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Thanks Denster. Actually our old db is nav 4.0 and new version is NAV 5.0 SQL option.
    To transfer 100 users from old database with there permission in new 5.0 sql option database manually one by one is not easy task.
    Thats why I am asking for any other soln.
    So are you on Windows logins or database logins?

I don't think transfering 100 users is such a big task. Couple of hours tops. Between the time that you posted the initial question and the replies that you are getting you would have long been done. I can see how you would like to have a fully automated mechanism, but to me setting up the users, especially if you already have them in the database, is not such a big task. Let me say that I wouldn't mind doing it.
  • vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    Database Login.
    Seting user is not big task but reseting the permission and test that permission is quite hectic as I am single working on migration project. But what I had done. I imported all the users and permission from data migration tool available in Nav 5.0.
    Only the thing which I have to do is creating these users in SQL. That I will done without any problem :)

Thanks for reply. :)
    Sure testing those permissions is a big task, but you would have to do that regardless of how those users were created...