Jump to next field

MAJB1969MAJB1969 Member Posts: 44
My customer would like Navision to jump to the next field if when he types in the G/L code it gets to the 4th number as all the G/L codes are 4 digits in length. He knows he can TAB or ENTER but he wants it to do it automatically.

Answers

• Nav_NoobNav_Noob Member Posts: 25
    i'm sure somebody else will have a better method for doing this but you can check in the OnInputChange() trigger of the control and activate the next control. The problem seems to be that there's no good way to get the value entered in your control. You can do some searches on OnInputChange and see that it's a problem. One thing you can do is put a global variable counter on the form and increment it in onInputChange(). Once you get to 4, activate the next control and reset the count to 0. It works but it's not the cleanest implementation. It will probably break if you use backspace for example. I'm pretty new to NAV so I'm sure somebody else will have a better approach but that's the first thing I thought of.
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    1. Customization is required.
    2. Provide training to your client that pressing enter or tab takes less than a second.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or in some cases setting maxlength and AutoEnter on the editbox is enough...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MAJB1969MAJB1969 Member Posts: 44
    Thanks Kine that works well,
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Maxlength & AutoEnter are a great set of properties.
    We keep all our item numbers at 5 characters for quick order entry!
    Maxlength = 5
    Autoenter = yes
    \:D/

Now this is set on the field on the form - but once in a blue moon you might have an oddball that's more than your max length. - To get around that - you can simply add the field again to the form (example. sales line) place it all the way at the far right and don't use the properties on that field. this way for quick entry they can use the "regular" field but for those occasions they can use the other that has no limitations.