Issue w/ Invt. Analysis Views, Invt. Analysis by Dimensions

sreynoldssreynolds Member Posts: 4
I am encountering difficulty working with inventory analysis views. I am working in a W1 database, version 6.00, Classic client.

I have set up an inventory analysis view, then run the Update Analysis View batch job. A look to the the Item Analysis View Entry table (7154) indicates that entries have been created for the new inventory analysis view. However, if I use this analysis view when running either the "Item Dimensions - Detail" or "Item Dimensions - Total" reports, the system returns a blank report.

Additionally, when using the Invt. Analysis by Dimensions form (7159), the system only returns data if the Show as Lines and Show as Columns fields are set to user-defined Dimensions. If I set one of these fields to the standard Item, Location, or Period options, the lines/columns remain blank.

I am not encountering these problems when working with the standard Analysis View Codes and Analysis by Dimensions forms; it's only with the ones that have been designed for use with the inventory that these issues occur.

If anyone has encountered similar issues or has advice as to what I'm doing wrong, your assistance would be appreciated.

Answers

• sreynoldssreynolds Member Posts: 4
    I have resolved these issues:

The inability to get data when running the ""Item Dimensions - Detail" or "Item Dimensions - Total" reports was due to human error - I was not setting the appropriate filters on the report.

As for the problem with the Invt. Analysis by Dimensions form, this is an error that Microsoft has addressed. To learn more about this, refer to Knowledge Base article 961989, "Nothing is displayed in analysis lines in the Sales Analysis by Dimensions dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009."