Nav 5 SP1 creating Index on tables

Dean_VersfeldDean_Versfeld Member Posts: 3
Hi Guys,

I have a client that i upgraded to Nav 5 SP1 from 4 SP3 some time ago. Everything went very smooth and they have been successfully operating for 6 months now. Thier DB size is sitting around the 300GB size.

About a month ago I discovered a scenario while adding a new section on code to the Modify trigger to the Bank Account Ledger Entry table in Live. I had not working in the Development Database on this day as their Dev Server was down. I have added about 5 big secondary keys to this table in the past. It was only once I finished adding the code to the trigger and saved and exited the object that I realised what was going on. The object was taking abnormally slow to save and when running an SP_WHO2 in SQL I noticed that Navision was re-creating all the Indexes on my BLE table. This I thought was strange but never did anything about it.

Now, yesterday evening I imported objects from Development into Live and to make sure I had got everything, i selected all modified tables and compiled by pressing F11 on the group. I left this to run overnight as this was taking long and thought the server was a little slow. Slow it turned out to be, as Navision proceeded to re-create every index on every table I had selected in my object compile, thus, eventually crashing the server in the evening. ](*,)

My question now is, Has anyone else experienced this problem? And secondly and more importantly, is this a bug inside Nav?

Looking forward to your responce
Dean

Comments