Sample Navision Bussiness model

webweb Member Posts: 102
Hi Experts,
Can someone help me with a sample Navision bussiness model for either HR,Finance etc. I want to have an idea of how to develop a bussiness model for Navision software.
Thanks

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    What do you mean by 'Business Model'?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    CRONUS company:
    1. Sells furnitures and speaker systems
    2. Manufacture bicycles
    3. Service computer systems
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• webweb Member Posts: 102
    What i mean by a business model is any implementation of Navision software which is to the interest of a bussiness. The model should contain the following:
    1) the purpose/mission of that project
    2) the details of "WHAT it does" .. in detail.. and how it works.
    3) approx costs of the project.
    4) benefits of the project (added value)
    5) risks/opportunities

Does anyone one has a sample of such document for a Navision bussiness model?
    Thanks
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    You can try to get a project management/consultancy company to be involved in your project or contact M$ for the template. You would probably need to change 80% of the contents of template though.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    You can try to get a project management/consultancy company to be involved in your project or contact M$ for the template. You would probably need to change 80% of the contents of template though.

Please how can i get this template? I won be able to contact MS. Idiot, can you help me with this template please? Can anyone help me with this please. I need it urgently.
    Thanks
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    First, get the terms for what you want right. What you need is a proposal, not a business model.
    Second, there are plenty of proposal templates in Google.
    Third, sit down with your client project manager & discuss what they want vs what you have to offer.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    web wrote:
    I won be able to contact MS.

Why not?
    David Singleton
    idiot, i don't need a proposal. we have already implemented the project. I am tasked to develop a bussiness model for the project we have implemented. So i need a sample of how to go about developing a bussiness model. I have never develop one before, that is why i need a sample from you experts to serve as a guide to me when developing ours.

David Singleton, i don't have an account in MS. Is there any way i can contact them to get the template from them because we are not yet a partner to MS. Do you know how i can get it from MS? if yes, can you tell me how?

Did anyone have a sample Bussiness model for Navision software? I need this urgently. Can someone help me with a sample please.
    Thanks
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Somehow the statement
    web wrote:
    ...we have already implemented the project. ...
    followed by
    web wrote:
    ... i don't have an account in MS. Is there any way i can contact them to get the template from them because we are not yet a partner to MS. ...

Just do not fit well with me. [-X
    David Singleton
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    web wrote:
    What i mean by a business model is any implementation of Navision software which is to the interest of a bussiness. The model should contain the following:
    5) risks/opportunities

Does anyone one has a sample of such document for a Navision bussiness model?
    Thanks
    So let me get this straight, you already implemented it, but you don't know the purpose or mission ?
    the details of what is does ?
    the appro cost of the project ?
    the benefits of the project ?
    the risk/opportunities ?

Just exactly what did you implement ?
    Can we say, i just need a template for a bussiness model in Navision. we are about to implement another project. sorry for saying we have implemented it. So i need a sample bussiness model which i can use as a guide to develop one for our coming project.
    Thanks
    I still don't understand what you mean by "template for a business model". What you are describing is not a business model.
    Then what is it. May i have something like a bussiness model. That is what i really need. Can someone please help me out.
    Thanks
    There are many different types of business models, and it changes from company to company. There is no template for a business model. You would need to take some classes about business economics and learn about it, or go to the book store and get yourself some books.

I am only getting more confused by what you are saying. First you say you need a business model, then you describe what you need, and then when you find out that'sa not a business model, you say you want a business model, even though you don't know what it is....

What it looks like is that you have an assignment "go get us the business model", with no further explanation. You have no idea what it is, so you're asking us for a template. What I would do in your situation is go to my senior, and ask them to explain the fundamentals of what it is that they need. Don't take no for an answer, make an appointment to sit down and talk about it. You are not going to get very far if you have to get this type of information from an internet forum.
    Thanks for your advice DenSter.
    web wrote:
    Thanks for your advice DenSter.

From the looks of your previous posts, it looks like you're a partner? One tool you can use is the SureStep that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Partnersource site.
    We are not yet a partner, but we are working towards it. For the meantime Alex Chow if you can get it for me there, then that will be fine. I am looking forward to getting the SureStep from you.
    Thanks in Advance
    web wrote:
    We are not yet a partner, but we are working towards it. For the meantime Alex Chow if you can get it for me there, then that will be fine. I am looking forward to getting the SureStep from you.
    Thanks in Advance

Nope... Sorry. Ask your local Microsoft rep.
    Here is a business model

What i mean by a business model is any implementation of Navision software which is to the interest of a business. The model should contain the following:
    To computerize the accounting and operational functions of company xyz
    Use Navision to computerize current manual business processes.
    convert paper ledgers to data entry forms for input into new computer system
    license cost per user $4000, implementation cost two times that per user
    Plus training, additional modifications at additional cost, beyond base Navision installation
    Hardware extra, based on number of users.
    Current real time inventory, integrated financial statements, with ledgers AR AP etc.
    5) risks/opportunities
    Risk - your installer knows nothing about Navision and completly screws up your entire operations.
    end users lose faith in the management for blindly following a consultant
    end users revolt and reject the new system, and management scraps it and returns to manual process
    Opportunities - it works out great, operations become much more efficient, company grows without need to add a bunch of back end personal.
    themave wrote:
    5) risks
    Risk - your installer knows nothing about Navision and completly screws up your entire operations.
    end users lose faith in the management for blindly following a consultant
    end users revolt and reject the new system, and management scraps it and returns to manual process
    :mrgreen: =D>
    To be fair to "web" though... this is really his/her employer's mess. It is outrageous that these companies just throw their people to the wolves like that, with no preparation, no training, no support, no nothing...
    web wrote:
    Thanks in Advance
    We are not a partner either, but I respect intellectual property and wouldn't ask someone to steel info for me, If you try to get on the partner site and says you are not allowed, then you are not allowed, accept it, and don't try to corrupt others with your own dishonesty. I realize Alex is not going to do it. but thought someone should point out, we don't encourage theft of intellectual property on the site (although I in no way represent the site, other then I am a user who values the info that is provided)
    themave wrote:
    web wrote:
    Thanks in Advance
    We are not a partner either, but I respect intellectual property and wouldn't ask someone to steel info for me, If you try to get on the partner site and says you are not allowed, then you are not allowed, accept it, and don't try to corrupt others with your own dishonesty. I realize Alex is not going to do it. but thought someone should point out, we don't encourage theft of intellectual property on the site (although I in no way represent the site, other then I am a user who values the info that is provided)

Wow... Thanks for clarifying it! =D>
    Alex Chow wrote:
    themave wrote:
    web wrote:
    Thanks in Advance

Wow... Thanks for clarifying it! =D>

Thanks for all your advices and honest opinions and curtions. I won't try to corrupt others with my dishonesty.